Plaid Shirt + Black Blazer

Thursday, January 14, 2016




Hello everyone!

This is something I wore last weekend, I got the inspo from Pinterest (as always), you can check my wardrobe inspiration board and search for "Plaid" tons of stuff there!

The specifics are:

- Plaid Shirt I got from a Ross rack BUT I ordered a similar from Old Navy (tall girl section) and as soon as I get it, I will mix it with something else and talk about fabric/quality comparison. You can find similar plaid shirt here, and you can check the one I just ordered here.

- Tall Skinny Jeans from Old Navy (here). 

- Blazer is Forever 21. I bought this one last year but you can find similar ones here and here.

- I'm also wearing my Kate Spade Berkeley Lane Hanna (find it here with a 20% off discount and similar one here).

And the shoes!!! I want to talk about the shoes a little bit more... these shoes are 100% leather and they're also 100% Mexican. Here in México, there's a town called "León" -in the state of Guanajuato- that specializes in leather goods, everything is genuine and this is as good as it gets, you can smell the real leather. To be 100% honest, I think sometimes the designs are... well... not very impressive; they're progressing at least, they're a bit chunky sometimes or not that detailed, but I do believe the shoe makers are in the right path. Price? $16.00 USD, yep... that's right... for a leather good who also happens to have a very sturdy sole. I could be drowning in these except Mexican girls don't usually come in my size (5'11")... so Mexican shoes don't usually come in my shoe size (9.5 US).

I was walking in a store that I can't lie, I normally wouldn't be walking in that specific store except that I was desperately trying to find a basic turtleneck tee with long sleeves... it's like they don't exist! So I was desperate, I walked in this store... I was about to leave (after checking there were no basic turtleneck tees), I saw the booties and went like "mmm interesting..." then I saw size 27 (which is actually a 10 US, so they're a bit roomy), I saw the price and went like "this is obviously PU..." (but the smell is actually kind of strong) then I check the materials.. LEATHER! "This can't be!" Tried them on, yes they're a bit big but they're booties not pumps so I'm fine with it and I'm THRILLED with this purchase.

Thank you Mexican shoe makers! Thank you for these!

And thank you guys for stopping by!!! If you have any questions please feel free to send a comment my way!

xoxo,

Lau

You Might Also Like

0 comments