He stumbled into faith and thought "God, this is all there is"

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

If you have read previous posts, you may already know that my latest obsession is to make my hair look healthy and pretty once and for all.

I want my hair to grow reaaaaally long, this is why I got a haircut, I haven't colored it (even when I have more than a few gray hairs showing in my 25 year old head :( ) and I haven't used my straightener nor my hair dryer. I can't lie, sometimes my hair looks horrible hahaha and I get tired of buns and braids... but I'm convinced that I have to do this in order to get what I want, this is the price I have to pay now.

A couple of months ago, a girl I know (that had AMAZING long and healthy hair) gave me her routine and since I'm desperate because I don't get the results I want with what I was doing, I started the mini-routine yesterday.

It's very simple, she uses all Herbal Essences "Prolóngalo" products (Shampoo, Conditioner and Hair Creme). This is the version for Mexico but I guess the equivalent in the US is the "Long Term Relationship" collection, eventhough I didn't find the styling creme on their US website.

So I have to shampoo with this and wait a bit, not rinse it right away  like I always do.



Then, just on the lenght of the hair, apply this and keep it for the rest of the shower (bodywash, shave, etc).

Finally, on wet hair, apply just a bit of this and let naturally dry. Also what I'm doing is untangling with a huge comb like the one below, but I never ever brush my hair when it's wet.

It seems pretty easy, maybe I just need to stick to easy stuff instead of adding too much products and getting all this build up?

Sooo... two days ago I went to Walmart and bought everything and I started using the products yesterday, I used them today, and well, I don't know what to think, my hair feels soft and smells great, but I have flyaways all the time :(, don't know how to fix this. Also, she gave me the contact info of the girl that trims her hair, she says the girl has "magic scissors" or something because her hair grows faster since she first had a haircut in her salon and today I will call and get an appointment  and see if she can cut my hair saturday morning (I'm going to a wedding so it'll be perfect if she could just... try to... make it look pretty?).

Expect some pics soon!








You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. jajaja pues yo uso el de alborotalos tanto el shampoo como la crema pa peinar y el mousse de cabello rizo y puesss aunk no sea pa k te crezca el cabello si me crece bastante y se pone bastante manejable y suave :D

    ReplyDelete