about me.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

My name is Laura Ornelas.

I'm from a small town called Ensenada in Baja, Mexico. I love it here because it's super close to the border so I get to go shopping to California every now and then. 

I'm a Software Engineer, I graduated from Tec de Monterrey with a Bachelor Degree in Computer Technologies Engineering and I've been working at a Mexican software outsourcing called Softtek for the past 6 years.

My passion for fashion -specially for street style- began on 2008, while I was living in France. Looking at the regular European girl I noticed my clothes were so boring (I used to be the flare fit blue jeans + Aeropostale hoodie kind of girl) and Europe took my breath away; specially the style from Paris and Copenhaguen, everybody looked so put together! That same year I became obsessed with "Wardrobe Remixing", googled everything about it and opened this blog.

I love luxury! but sadly I can't really afford it, that's why you will always read about me being happy with highly discounted luxury items. I hate paying retail and I believe that for high end brands and designers, I have never paid retail and I don't think I ever will.

I'm 5'11" (1.80m), Mexican girls don't usually come in my size, that's why I talk a lot about "tall" sizes and outfits for tall girls like me. I'm obsessed with achieving the perfect healthy hair, as you can read in many posts, I really want it to be extra-long, shiny and healthy; so I try a lot of different things and you can see in previous posts that I have moved away from stuff with tons of chemicals and embraced sulfate-free and paraben-free products (along with an extense haircare routine!).

I love my family, I love admiring and creating beautiful things, I love design and I love my dogs.

Thank you for stopping by and letting me share these pieces of my life with you guys ♥.

xoxo,

Laura




You Might Also Like

0 comments