ACV + Turmeric are my new daily must-haves!

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Apple Cider Vinegar and Turmeric are basically my new superheros!!! 

I've been pinning and pinning about these two guys like crazy! Reading about their benefits and basically they do wonders. I wanted to try them for a long, looong time, but since at this specific moment I'm not visiting San Diego that much, I didn't know where to find Organic kinds here in Ensenada so... I thought of this place my mom used to go when we were little to find teas and roots and stuff that's not so easy to find now-a-days, went there and voila! (The place is called "La Milpa" for those who live in Ensenada). 

They had Bragg's ACV but they have the big gallon and sell you a smaller/individual bottle of it, obviously it's more expensive than buying the whole thing in the US but it's what I had in hand. They also had organic Turmeric (Cúrcuma in Spanish for those who -like me- have to show a picture of Turmeric to the lady because don't know hth to say that in Español). 

Anyway... I'm not going to share a super long list of their benefits, I bet you can find thousands of other blogs that are waaay ahead of me on this matter (you can visit my Health and Fitness board on Pinterest to know all about them), I can only say to you: PLEASE TRY THEM! I've been feeling more energized in the mornings and sleeping like a log at night, they're amazing. 

How I take them? Well, I'll share with you my 2 basic recipes. 



The first one is my ACV Lemon Detox drink, I have a big cup of this every morning.

Ingredients:

1 big cup (around 300ml) of warm/hot water
2-3 Tbsp of ACV
2 Tbsp of raw organic honey (when I feel guilty because of the calories, I use Stevia)
1/2 lemon
A dash of cayenne pepper

You mix all things together and drink up!


Second one is Golden Milk, it's awesome and there are thousands of recipes out there, I'm sharing mine and what works for me.

Ingredients:

1 cup of milk (I use either almond milk or lactose free 2% milk)
1gr of turmeric powder (they gave me this little measured spoon when I bought it, so I'm using that and I'm thinking it's somewhere around 1/2 and 2/3 of a teaspoon)
1 gr of ginger powder 
2 Tbsp of raw organic honey
A dash of black pepper

I mix all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring them to "almost-boil", when it looks like the milk is foaming up but it's still under control, I do this because I noticed that just heating it gave me a very bitter Turmeric, while boiling it  made the taste much enjoyable. 

I hope you try them and enjoy them as much as I do!

xoxo

Laura

You Might Also Like

0 comments