Gold Sequin Pillow DIY

Monday, June 01, 2015

Hello there! I want to share with you my latest "golden" DIY. Lately I've been crazy about finding beautiful decorative pillows with gold accents, even when I've found very pretty ones in Marshalls and Ross, I still have not enough of them and definitely don't have the cash to buy some of the prettiest ones (like sequined ones, even a small one is around $20 USD).

So, I had a pillow, lying around the house, and I decided it was time to revamp it. I think I got this from mexican Walmart a couple of years ago, I remember I paid around $50 pesos for it (like $3 USD), it has poor quality but at the time, as a newly wed, I needed stuff to "fill up empty spaces". What I did is very simple and quite easy, I loved this project because of that and because it was very cheap! 

BTW, sorry for the poor quality photos, I still don't have a professional camera, this is all using my cellphone and sometimes I get it right and sometimes the light is wrong, the sequins are very hard to photograph, they come up blurry, etc etc etc...

Ok, so... this was my ugly pillow:


What I did is I bought Stretch Gold Sequin Trim from a local store here in Ensenada where you can buy by meter (I bought 1.5 meters and it was more than enough), price was around $2 USD per meter. I found this link in Amazon with what looks like the one I used, pretty much the same one.


First I thought of covering entirely one side of the pillow, but then I figured I wanted stripes, so I played around a litle bit:


I used a hot glue gun, figured out where I wanted my stripes (didn't measure it so they didn't come up perfectly aligned), and I glued away...


This is the final result:


I really really loved it!!!! It matches my decoration perfectly! (also you can see in that picture the dust bag of my very lovely Kate Spade handbag ♥)

Total price of this project was around $6.5 USD, I'm so excited and I definitely plan on doing this with other cheap pillows that I may find on the road...

Please share with me if you have projects like this! Feel free to use the comments section or to email me.

Regards! XOXO




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wow! You're very creative! Besides, I loooove your gold touches on everything ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You're very creative! Besides, I loooove your gold touches on everything ^_^

    ReplyDelete