How to grow your hair extra-long.

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Hi guys! It's been busy for me these days, I'm changing projects at work and I'm transitioning my tasks to my friend Stephy and I'm getting new tasks... it's crazy. I wanted to take the time and write this post regarding HAIR! Cause I've got several compliments lately and people asking me how my hair got this long and well, my loyal followers (like 3 people) can tell you that this is a goal I set 2 and a half years ago.

I was so frustrated because I couldn't get my hair to be longer than shoulder-length, after that it became dull, frizzy, lifeless and full of split-ends. So with my quest I started to research a lot, and this is what my final hair care routine/plan looks like:

1. I get up in the morning and the first thing I do is drink a cup of warm water with a fresh squeezed lemon, a dash of cayenne pepper and a teaspoon of 100% pure maple syrup (as seen here). This is supposed to help you flush toxins and give you brighter skin and hair.

2. I drink at least 2 lts of plain water. Hydration has to come from the inside out.

3. I wash my hair only with Paraben-Free Sulfate-Free products. I'm definitely in love with the OGX Kukuí Oil product line, but I'll take almost anything OGX. My advice to you is: read the label! I used to try anything but this is what has helped me most.

4. I trim my hair every 2-3 months, but in the meantime, if I see a split end I just cut!

5. I eat my veggies and I'm almost always taking a multi-vitamin supplement. I like this one from Vitamin World, it gives me tons of energy.

6. I exercise regularly, I'm not a fitness freak (yet?) but I like to exercise at least 3 times per week.

7. I have an embarrassing amount of gray hair for my age so I need to dye it! For this purpose I only use ammonia-free hair color, this is very important because ammonia is very very harsh on your strands and takes the moisture away. I never ever bleach my hair and I never do anything too drastic or harsh, I stay with my natural hair color.

8. I pick at most 4 days a month to use hot appliances to style my hair; sometimes I spend several weeks before I use a flat iron or something to style it. I always air-dry my hair and sometimes I get HORRIBLE hair days because of this, still, it's totally worth it. You need to see the greater good, a couple of bad hair days can give you rockstair hair strands :)

9. I never rub my hair with a towel! I use my hands to remove excess of water and then I use a t-shirt to wrap it. I find this very gentle and doesn't cause any breakage.

10. Coconut oil hair mask every 15 days. I swear by this!!! Specially after you used your flat iron or worse, when you've gotten a salon hairdo, they use tons of spray and they treat your hair like they don't care how much effort you put in NOT ruining it.... just cover it entirely with Coconut oil (I use this one), leave it overnight, wash it twice first thing in the morning and embrace luxurious strands!

And this is it I guess :), I hope you find some of the tips useful and if you have some of your own please feel free to comment or send them to me!

This is how my hair looks now:


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wow! Lo tienes larguísimo!
    Además, no me había dado cuenta que tu cabello natural es oscuro, ya que en la carrera lo traías güero; pero si, los tintes, planchas y secadoras dañan muchísimo el cabello.

    ReplyDelete