And with this vow, forever has now begun.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

So... I'm writing a different post just to talk about how I asked my beautiful bridesmaids to be part of this big day!

I'm going for lucky number 7. My maid of honor is going to be definitely my big sis, she's the only one that can keep up with me with (almost) no crying.  Since I've been obsessed with Pinterest lately, I really wanted to make them a "bridesmaid box" like all the girls there, so I did.

It took me a long time, here in México we don't have Michaels or JoAnns, I just couldn't go and grab all the stuff I needed so since my mom went to Monterrey for Christmas (a considerably larger city) I asked her and my aunt to look for small wooden boxes, they found perfect ones! not too big, not too small. I loved them. 

I really wanted them to look nice and not something made by a toddler hahaha so it was hard to be patient and look for everything I needed and not just go and grab a sharpie and write whatever and give them away. 

Here's the whole process:

- We don't have the fancy cards so I had to made them, these were the drafts.


- With the pattern scissors I cut them and this was the result, I only made 3 cards.


 - I painted my boxes with two coats of gold spray paint.


- I painted the inside with two coats of Behr paint and primer, white color.



- Then I painted the inside of the lid with a dark kind of blushy pink. 


- These are custom-made vinyl stickers a good friend made for me, for free!!!

- The first four boxes... a little blurry :(


- The final product, photos of dresses, the cards, a paint swatch, a piece of fabric for color guidance, and chocolate!!!



- They were surprised and weren't expecting this... and most important of all... they all said YES! I'm so happy!!! (I'm still missing one of them, since she lives so far away I'm sending her the box via DHL... I'll ask for a picture when she gets it)




 Thank you girls for accepting this great challenge!!! hahaha...



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wow, fueron un super detallazo las cajitas!
    Por supuesto no podías dejar los vestidos de las damas a su suerte, no no. Ahora es cuando puedes darte el lujo de escoger algún modelo de haute couture ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha estarán CASI a su suerte, solamente les dije el color, y que debe ser largo... y esos son para inspirarse :) of course White by Vera Wang hahaha.

    ReplyDelete