And cast your words away upon the waves.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

It's been 5 months since I trimmed my hair very short so it could grow nice and healthy. 

I'm experimenting with a lot of products and I've noticed a nice change and I think it's quite longer now.

Right now I feel like reviewing the products I've used in the past few months:


The first week of two of using them my hair felt really soft but then it turned dry (I even got a bit of dandruff... very annoying), specially with the shampoo, so I finished my less-than-a-half-liter bottle and I didn't use it again. I still have the conditioner and the treatment and I use them regularly, I kind of like them but truth is I'm only using them because I already bought them and I'm not a waster haha.


I picked this one because I needed immediate anti-dandruff help and this looked pretty new and I'm always trying new stuff to see how they result. When I use it, it's pretty much like a "deep cleansing" kind of shampoo, it lathers a lot and your scalp feels fresh and minty. I use this only twice a week, just to control the scalp issue. I do still need a proper deep cleansing shampoo and I'm looking for a Natura one, still don't know where to buy it!

3. Santé Shampoo (Mexican brand).

This looked very "organic" thanks to the carrot stuff that it claims to have. I really like it, it doesn't lather a lot and that's a downside since I feel I have to shampoo twice when I'm using this, but it really makes your hair feel softer and less frizzy.


4. Skin, Nails and Hair Formula (120 caplets)

My boyfriend got these for me at Vitamin World, I figured I should also make sure I'm taking the proper vitamins and supplements while trying to get my hair to grow. I'm still not sure if I'm getting positive effects using them or not, I've taken them for a month now but I think it's too soon to judge, maybe after 3 months I'll decide if they're worth it or not.



 Also, I got a second trim 2 weeks ago just to get rid of "dead ends".


This is a comparison between my hair June 16th and my hair last Saturday (don't laugh at the costume, a friend had a costumes birthday party so...)


Maybe it's a super bit shorter in real life because there my chin is kind of down, but it's pretty close. I also waited all these 5 months before using my flat iron again, I used it on Saturday and just because I knew this picture could help as a comparison.

I feel like it's taking FO-RE-VER to grow... but hopefully by the end of next year I'll achieve my goal :)

As a side note, I never published a photo using my so-wanted H&M Gold Pants so this is it (I didn't like it thaaat much because it was very windy and my top "ruffles" are not showing properly :( ). I have to say I don't love them, I like them, I believe they're pretty but the fit is not nice at all, I had to buy a size bigger for them to feet the length of my legs, so they look kind of baggy (specially in the derrière considering I'm not lucky on that department).




You Might Also Like

0 comments